Saturday, November 19, 2011

Disaster!

It's about -20C, and midnight. My stupid dumb idiot neighbour has gone away somewhere, and left her windows open! Idiot, I know! And you know what happens next, don't you?

So the heating pipes burst and started a fountain in her apartment. Of course, because I had the misfortune to live next to her, I have been flooded. The bedroom that is against her wall is used as my storage room, piled high with boxes and boxes of yarn. A flood is not the thing I need.

So the disaster people are here, mopping up at her place and finally shut off the water. They can't get into my place because it is so crowded with "stuff". In order to clean up, I will have to move everything out, and very soon, to get it all dried up before mould sets in. This is NOT something I need right now!

So I've been mopping up the water as it is flowing into my place, trying to keep it confined to the bathroom and the bedroom. That was a joke! It looks like the flow has abated somewhat now, but it is seeping up into my stash -- I can hear it! LOL I needed to cut down, I know, but this is not the way I would have wanted to do it! As long as it is only the acrylics that are at the bottom, but I doubt it. I knew I should have put the useless things on the bottom as a cushion! Will I learn -- for the next time? I wonder.

Oh, the joys of living next door to an idiot!!

No comments: