Friday, January 27, 2006

New Year updates

Goodness! This year has not started very well! No details, but if this is the way it's going to be, I think I want out -- and let's just get on with the one after this! I even had TWO new years start, and that didn't help at all. It's Chinese New Year on Sunday, so maybe finally this one will be the right one. I dunno.

But I will show you something that I have started working. I'm not saying yet what it is -- just in case, you understand -- but it should be quite something when done! This has been started several times already; in fact, that is all I worked on all this week! I'm persistent (some say stubborn), so I will do it, you'll see! This pic is slightly out-of-focus because I needed to get close so you could see it, but I couldn't focus on it that close. Anyway, it's more mysterious this way! And it's the perfect colour for February (don't you think?)!

Remember that shawl I've been working on? It's still sitting here -- I'm stalled on it again. I am clearly running short of yarn, and I still have a 5-8 inch border to do. I know I will never make it, so am trying to figure a way out of this. I think I will get another ball of yarn, most likely not in the same colour, but something that will co-ordinate and will look good as a border. Just to get to the LYS.

This winter has been the strangest ever -- and I've seen a goodly number! We've had very little snow, nothing to speak of really. The temps have been way over the average, and most days have been above freezing. I'm afraid the trees are going to bud soon, and they may, if we ever get any rain/snow. I've been taking my bike to work every day, which I didn't expect to do much over winter. Not complaining, you understand --- just not quite sure what to make of it, and wondering what Mom Nature has in store for us yet.

No comments: